The following are recipes Tree of Life Acupuncture recommends for its patients to promote general health and nourishment of the body & soul.
Nourish Blood & Essence Soup
- 1 ounce Dioscorea root (Shan Yao)
- 1 ounces Lycii berries (Gou Qi Zi)
- 1 ounce Lotus seeds (Lian Zi)
- 12 Red Dates (Da Zao) soaked and pitted
- 2 cups chopped greens (kale, chard, spinach, etc.)
- 7 cups chicken or bone soup stock
- 1 yam diced
- 5 black or shitake mushrooms, slivered (if dry soak first)
- 1/4 cup rice wine or rice vinegar
Break dioscorea into small pieces and simmer in soup stock along with the lycii berries and lotus seeds for 1 hour. Add dates, yam and mushrooms and simmer for another 20 minutes. Add rice wine and greens and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve hot.
Dang Gui Chicken Soup
- 2 lbs of hormone-free, natural chicken parts
- 3 quarts water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 & 1/2 cups sliced carrot
- 1 oz. (30 grams) Dang Gui (Chinese angelica)
Rinse chicken and add to water in a heavy stockpot. Bring to a boil. Add the onion, celery and carrot, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 1 hour. Remove chicken from the broth and shred meat into small pieces. Strain broth through strainer/sieve and pour back into stockpot. Add sliced carrots, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 25 minutes. Add chicken and Dang Gui and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove Dang Gui before serving. Serve Hot.
Looking for Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine?Contact us to learn how Tree of Life Acupuncture can help relieve your ailments and promote fertility.
© 2012 Tree of Life Acupuncture Fertility. All rights reserved.