Research has shown sperm quality can be significantly improved using acupuncture & Chinese herbs to enhance motility, morphology, and total sperm count.
An estimated 15 percent of couples trying to conceive are unable to do so after one year of unprotected intercourse. Male factor may be the cause or contribute to the cause in 30-50 percent of these couples. It is extremely important in the evaluation of infertility to consider the couple as a unit in determining the treatment.
Acupuncture treatments focus on:
- Decreasing the oxidative stress on the sperm waiting to be released
- Increasing the blood circulation to the reproductive organs
- Regulating the hypothalamus-pituitary-testes axis
- Improving underlying constitution and overall body energy
- Decreasing stress and regulating emotions
- Regulating sleep
Looking for treatment for infertility?
- Male Factor Fact Sheet
- Male Reproductive Physiology
- Sperm Analysis Fact Sheet
- Western Medical Treatments For Male Factor
- Male Factor Research
© 2012 Tree of Life Acupuncture Fertility. All rights reserved.